Some observations about the Rossmoor Course.
The score card states the overall length of the course to be 6300 yards in length — which may at first suggest an easy course. However, the design is deceiving. Because it incorporates surprisingly elevated greens — often of increased size — a given hole can require 1-3 extra clubs to play. As our Golf Pro observed: “Rossmoor is the hardest ‘easy’ Golf course I have ever played!”
USGA Rules Apply
- All players must register in golf shop before play.
- Out of bounds marked by white stakes or road curb on holes: #4, #5, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #14 and #15.
- Water Hazards, yellow stakes; lateral water hazards, red stakes.
- Drop area marked in white on #2.
- Golf carts should stay on paths at least 30 feet away from greens and tees.
- Replace divots on fairways. Repair ball marks on greens. Rake sand in bunkers.
- No starting on 10th tee without Pro Shop approval.
- Slower players must allow faster groups to play through.
- Dress code must be followed (No tank tops, or blue jeans of any kind. No tee or collarless shirts, short-shorts, gym shorts, bathing suits or sweats of any kind.)
- Rossmoor Golf Course is a soft-spike facility.
- Fivesomes: Not allowed.
Course Weekly Hours
|Monday||Course opens at 12 noon [Course Maintenance]|
|Tuesday||Ladies’ 9 and Ladies’ 18-holer Tournaments – open play after 11 AM|
|Wednesday||Men’s Club Tournament – open play after 11 AM|
|Thursday||Open Golf All Day|
|Friday||Open Golf All Day|
|Saturday||Starting Times required from 7 AM – 2:30 PM|
|Starting Times required from 7 AM – 2:30 PM|
of Sand Bunkers
Hazards in play
|7 AM to 6 PM|
Organized Golf Clubs at Rossmoor
- A Mens’ Golf Club
- A Womens’ 18 hole Golf Club
- A Womens’ 9 hole Golf Club